Robert and Elizabeth McMullen started McMullen’s Market in 1946 at its present location in New Philadelphia. In 1961, Francis McMullen, son of the late Robert McMullen, joined Elizabeth his mother in operating the business.
A few years later his wife Ann joined in running the market. Their son Bill took an interest in working at the market at a young age. Eventually, he began processing fresh and smoked products.
In 1983, Bill took control of daily business operations. The year of 1987, the building was renovated to expand its meat & deli department to its present setting.
As of today, the market is into its 3rd generation of meat cutting and processing. It is currently being run by Bill and his wife, Karen.